128 people are interested
Assist by Capturing Meaningful Life Stories from Hospice Patients - Sunrise, Miramar, Deerfield FL
ORGANIZATION: VITAS Healthcare - Broward
Please visit the new page to apply.
128 people are interested
VITAS is looking to match talented volunteers with elders near the end of life, who have a tale to tell. LifeBio volunteers capture a patient's meaningful moments and will help to develop a biography featuring the patient recalling his or her life story. A lifeBio memory book will be created for the family to cherish.
VITAS Volunteer orientation is provided free of charge to help you learn many skills required to be an outstanding LifeBio volunteer. Time and dates are ongoing and flexible.
Join our team as a VITAS Life Bio volunteer. Leverage your listening and writing skills to help hospice patients tell their stories, creating keepsake biographies for their loved ones to cherish for years to come.
1) Volunteer will complete Patient Care training/orientation. After LifeBio training, volunteer will be assigned to a patient/family who has requested to have their story told. Some portions can be done on phone, while others should be done in person with the patient/family. The Life Bio team provides the questions designed to spark the patient's story. Hospice volunteers lead the process over several visits; all the patient has to do is choose how and when to answer their questions. Pictures can be included and are encouraged.
2) The volunteer then works with the Life Bio team to create a first draft, which the patient and family can review and edit. This is done by uploading the draft into a secure, designated web portal, including pictures (if applicable)
3) Life Bio team prints and binds the approved copy of the patient's life story, and a volunteer (or staff member) delivers the booklet to the patient/family. It is such a joy to share this moment with the patient/family.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT email@example.com
About VITAS Healthcare - Broward
1801 WEST SAMPLE ROAD, Suite 100, DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33064, US
VITAS Healthcare recognizes the importance of a strong and innovative program. Volunteers are an integral part of the hospice program, allowing VITAS to continue personalizing, enhancing and expanding services offered to patients and families. By exemplifying the VITAS Values, volunteers serve as patient and family advocates and are proactive in meeting the needs of patients and families. VITAS integrates volunteers into the hospice team by actively recruiting, training, supporting and creatively utilizing volunteers to meet patient and family needs. Volunteers and their contributions are respected and valued.
Volunteers are the heart of VITAS Healthcare, providing friendly, non-medical patient and family care and offering support services in the office, using their cars and from their own homes.
Vitas Healthcare - Broward County4800 N. Nob Hill Rd - "C" WingSunrise, FL 33351
August 16, 2023
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A COVID VACCINE CARD OR EXEMPTION. Volunteer can chose patient near their home zip code areas