Helping Link is a community-based non-profit agency located in Seattle's International District. Our mission is to empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency, while nurturing community service and youth leaders. For 25 years, Helping Link has provided information and referral services, and programming such as ESL, technology instruction, youth tutoring and citizenship exam preparation.
Helping Link is looking for new board members to join our Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend all Board meetings and the annual Board Retreat, and participate actively in two annual Board fundraisers: Our spring Seattle Foundation Give Big and fall Annual Gala
- Serve on one Board committee and/or Task Force/Working Group, and carry out related responsibilities
- Be a community ambassador for Helping Link and make warm introductions for Helping Link to friends, associates and community leaders.
We are Seeking
- Young and experienced professionals with a passion for social justice for Vietnamese American refugees and immigrant.
- Demonstrated track record of working in or directing teams and willingness to take on leadership roles.
- Experience in at least one relevant area, such as non-profit governance, fund development, strategic planning, IT, change/growth management, program development, finance/accounting, and legal.
- Prior board experience is highly desirable.
Terms and Time Commitments
Members are elected to a 2-year term. You should be prepared to invest about 5 - 8 hours per month.
To help guide you along during your first year, new members receive orientation and training focused on Board roles and responsibilities, Helping Link's mission, programs and history, understanding nonprofit finance, the Board member’s role in fundraising, and leadership coaching.
Find out more by clicking on the "respond" button!
- Resource Development / Management
- Adult Education
- Capacity Planning
- Business Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hrs per month
- 2 year commitment
- Volunteer as an Event Coordinator!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- ESL Instructors
- Graphic Designer
- Program Support Specialist
- Citizenship Instructor
- Recruitment Specialist
- Board of Directors
- Community Engagement Ambassador
- Come Beautify Helping Link! Arts...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- Volunteer Recruitment and...
- Volunteer IT Specialist Wanted!
- Marketing Specialist
- Wordpress Designer
- Program Support Coordinator
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- Help Seniors & Immigrants Learn...