Help Us Move from Hunger to Hope
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
68 people are interested
Giving a helping hand to help others. Caritas needs YOU! We need volunteers to keep our organization running and providing necessary services to our clients.
Check out the options we have for your helping hand!
Food pantry ~ assisting clients with their food orders - when not filling grocery baskets; volunteers may sort and stock merchandise
Gifts in Kind (GIK) ~ The GIK area resembles a small shoppette. Other non-profits in the area, as well as out of state, can come and shop for their clients. Volutneers are needed to sort, mark and display merchandise.
Warehouse~ sort and organize all arriving goods. Our warehouse volunteers contribute to a smooth and safe operation that keeps the inventory moving to our clients who need them the most.
Administrative~ various administrative/office tasks - preparing mailouts, data input, preparing for special events, etc.
Thrift stores~ volunteers assist in making our stores a functional and welcoming environment for our customers. Volunteers are always needed to sort, disply, stock and organize. (TWO locations)
Retail Warehouse ~ the retail warehouse is the central distribution point for items destined for our stores - volunteers are needed to sort, code and box merchandise. The Warehouse is located at our Bosque Blvd. thrift store.
About Caritas of Waco
300 S 15TH ST, WACO, TX 76701, US
"To provide urgent support to people in need in our community"
Caritas of Waco is a non-profit charity organization whose vision is to eliminate hunger by providing direct services through our food pantry, as well as through advocacy, while working with other hunger relief programs in Central Texas. We have four locations...
- Main Location - 300 S 15th houses our administrative offices, warehouse, food pantry and Gifts in Kind program.
- Bellmead Store - 3016 Bellmead Dr. resale store
- Franklin Store - 3116 Frankling Ave. resale store
- Robinson Warehouse - Robinson Dr. (across from Educator's Credit Union) donations accepted at this location and are distributed to our resale stores - sales take place every other weekend (weather permitting)
- We can also provide clothing, household items, utility assistance, rental assistance, prescrption medicine assistance and other assistance dependent on availability.
Because nearly 30 percent of the people in Waco live in poverty. Because poverty affects the individual, the family and the community. Because children of poverty suffer physical, intellectual and emotional impairment. Because, together, we can give help and hope to those who have little.
We'll work with your schedule.
300 South 15th StreetWaco, TX 76701
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Closed toed shoes