Reach & Rise is a national therapeutic mentoring program of the YMCA that is designed to build a better future for youth through the support of caring adults. The program serves youth in a group setting to provide a safe place for them to process thoughts and feelings that help normalize their experiences, challenges, and developmental milestones, reduce isolation and gain healthy peer support. The mentoring groups are led by volunteers and are psychoeducational groups as they provide education, activities, and discussion about specific content or themes related to the youth. We are seeking adults who want to make a difference by spending time with youth in the community and being a positive role model in their lives.
- Two adult mentors co-facilitate a group of 6 youth
- Youth are between the ages of 8-15
- Groups meet for 2 hours once per week for 16 weeks in fall or spring, or 8 weeks in summer.
- Groups are held at Y facilities, community centers, schools, partner locations, etc.
- Program director supports mentors and mentees throughout match process.
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
- Complete 15 hour mentor training (Provided by the YMCA)
- Pass a background check
- Commit to mentoring for 2 hours, once per week for 8 or 16 weeks.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours each week for 8 or 16 weeks