Volunteer leaders are adults in a community who commit to care for middle or high school students through the ministry of Young Life. They are asked to give a portion of their time, energy, prayer and life to the pursuit of loving middle and/or high school students into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. They generally commit to be a part of Young Life activities such as contact work, club, Campaigners and camp as well as participate in leadership training activities. On average, a leader "volunteers" approximately 10 hours a week to Young Life, participating in:
- Contact Work: Spending unstructured time with teens.
- Club: A weekly meeting with an emphasis on fun, high energy and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Campaigners: A weekly meeting where teenagers look at the Bible to learn more about God.
- Camp: Weekend or weeklong trips at Young Life’s pristine facilities where we promise kids the best time of their lives.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 6 hours a week during school year.
- Committed Christians who will share their faith.