Plan the Best Parties! Become an Events Coordinator
Young Mothers, Inc.
The Event Planner is responsible for the design and execution of world-class, customer-centric events that define and deliver a uniquely Young Mothers experience while serving to amplify our Vision and Mission. The Event Planner is supervised by the Executive Director
- Research site locations, draft RFPs, and negotiate venue and vendor contracts in a manner that is consistent with the best trade practices, facilitate the best opportunity for the event’s success, and aim to protect Heritage interests.
- Conduct site visits, as needed, to ensure venues continually uphold Young Mothers's Inc standard of excellence and meet the specific programmatic needs of the event.
- Develop and edit event marketing materials, including invitations, programs, agendas, and online presence that capture and communicate Young Mothers's Inc mission.
- Execute event planning responsibilities seamlessly, including program and logistics, coordination of high-profile speakers, venue coordination, audio visual production, security protocols, and vendor logistics.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with many teams at Young Mothers's Inc on multiple projects; align all event planning activities with the stated mission and objectives of the particular event.
- Exercise budget discipline by making cost-effective event decisions and carefully monitoring expenses throughout the planning process to adhere to the established budgets; determine new and innovative ways to reduce costs associated with events.
- Direct all aspects of on-site event production to ensure the Young Mother's Inc standard is upheld.
- Evaluate an event’s success, helping stakeholders to use their resources more effectively and set future strategy by conducting after action reviews, compiling post event reports, and survey results.
- Experience in hiring, training, and supervising volunteers and support staff required for the event.
- Job Type: Part-time/ Flexible
3-5 years of experience in event management.
- Understand and support Young Mother's Inc mission and objectives.
- Understand and support the Events Team’s mission and objectives.
- Strong customer service skills; must possess a "can do" and team oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone; high-level of professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to stay motivated, organized and productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to take direction, extrapolate plans and create results under pressure through critical thinking and exercising sound judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Availability to travel and work nights via web and weekends when necessary
About Young Mothers, Inc.
P.O Box 30019 SE, Washington, DC 20030, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.