UniversalGiving is seeking a Development Executive to help direct the strategy and execution of our Fundraising Plan. This seasoned professional would work directly with the CEO on a wide range of donors, from small to high networth.
UniversalGiving's Returnships offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. We are interested in people who want to expand their skills while helping the world.
UniversalGiving, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is seeking a Development Professional for a Returnship. This experienced professional would work directly with the CEO and play a critical strategic and operational role in the execution of the UniversalGiving Fundraising Plan. He or she would work on a wide range of strategic communications to UniversalGiving’s current donors and UniversalGiving’s list of potential donors.
UniversalGiving is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% of a donation goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News.
Join UniversalGiving and work closely with the CEO and a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills and insight into social entrepreneurship.
- Strategize appropriate high net worth donor asks via letters, emails and newsletters
- Strategize appropriate donor asks for small to mid range donors, via letters, emails, newsletters and social media
- Perform research/lead qualification on UniversalGiving’s potential and existing donors
- Customize Salesforce tool for better Development prospecting and results reporting
- Maintain Salesforce Database entries
- Execute on our fundraising plan with the CEO
- Strong fundraising experience
- Strong fundraising operations/system setup experience
- Diverse communications skill set across writing, social media, visuals
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Creative background for fundraising materials
- Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Balance of taking ownership while working with a team
- Interest in nonprofit work, international issues, and philanthropy
- Full support of the mission and vision of UniversalGiving
- Contribute to UniversalGiving’s work to create a world where giving and volunteering are a natural part of everyday life
- Work directly with the CEO
- Experience at a unique global, social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Increased understanding of global issues
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the Returnship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday) with possibly some work completed remotely.
"I came to UniversalGiving at a time when I was looking for a way to have more meaning with my work. After years in management consulting, finance, and then home raising two young children, I was ready to give back to the world in a different way. I began as a volunteer in their Returnship program and four years later, am leading Operations. UniversalGiving is a professional environment that has given me meaning, experience in new realms, and flexibility in my work schedule. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing team that is doing great things in the world."
Senior Manager, Operations
UniversalGiving is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, MTV.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving has been voted as one the top nonprofits on Great Nonprofits in 2012, and was a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
UniversalGiving’s Mission: We Connect People to Top Performing Opportunities Worldwide.
UniversalGiving’s Vision: "To Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (2 pages max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Returnship" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
For more information please visit:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- UniversalGiving’s Blog: PhilanthroPost
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Like us on Facebook
- Administrative Support
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Pro-‐Bono NGO Returnship for...
- Pro-‐Bono Corporate Returnship...
- Business Operations Intern
- Marketing Intern
- QA/Web Intern
- CSR Intern/Volunteer
- Executive Assistant to the CEO...
- Office/Administrative support...
- Development Intern/Volunteer
- NGO Services Intern
- Corporate Client Services...
- Social Media Internship
- Development Returnship
- Pro-Bono Marketing Returnship...
- Marketing Partnerships...
- Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer
- Corporate Returnship for...