Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community.
To help us in our mission, we are seeking a Human Resource Coordinator to handle volunteer recruitment, training, and other HR duties, including expanding our HR functionalities. We need someone who is in or around the DC/MD/VA area and has professional experience in HR, preferably volunteer recruitment. It doesn't matter if you have 1 year of experience or 20 years, whether you work in the field now or haven't done so in decades. We need you! Come and join our growing team of devoted animal lovers and nonprofit gurus.
Here is what the role entails:
- Coordinating the active recruitment of new volunteers through social media, newsletters, outreach events and online sources such as VolunteerMatch.org and Idealist.org
- Placing volunteers in positions where they will best use their skills
- Assisting in retaining volunteers by ensuring there is appropriate support and training
- Maintaining spreadsheets and lists of all potential volunteers and job descriptions for follow up
- Keeping the Board of Directors updated on new volunteer vacancies and areas of greatest need
Training on organizational processes and expectations will be provided! This role is best suited for someone who can offer approximately 1-5 hours per week, but you will have a certain amount of control over your own workload.
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please fill out and submit this Volunteer Application Form and email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- People Skills
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Human Resources Strategy
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hours per week (approximately)
- Prior HR experience, preferably with volunteer recruitment