YesLiberia, Inc. is seeking...
Position: Fundraiser Interns
Location: Virtual- work from where ever you are, on your own schedule, on your computer. Its an opportunity to make a difference from your home and on your own time.
We just launched a fundraising campaign and can use all the help we can get as this is a very new phase for YesLiberia. Our goal through these campaigns is: To raise funds for the underprivileged in Liberia (a country located in Africa that was colonized by Americans with a dream but has unfortunately been gravely affected by back to back civil wars).
These funds will help YesLiberia continue to provide: Scholarships and other programs such as: tuition assistance, basic health education and services, water wells, public toilets, provide senior citizens’ food vouchers, a sponsored community soccer team and currently projected to build a public library facility.
The description below is general but it is really a simple opportunity you could do virtually from home. If you have ever done a fundraiser online through a pledge page you set up for a cause, this is very similar. Please take the time to make a difference! And we can always keep track of your hours should you ever need verification that you were part of this campaign.
- Create your pledge Campaign page.
- Set a goal and achieve it.
- Promote your page and campaign for friends, family, public to make donations.
- Follow up with coordinator regarding the status of your campaign.
- Pass the word and generate interest for others to begin their own campaign!
- Some experience in fundraising or event organizing is helpful but not mandatory
- Great passion for YesLiberia’s initiative and personal independence
- Capacity to proactively handle fundraising tasks
- Goal-oriented and good at setting priorities
- Ability to work well within a given time frame
Start Date/Duration:3-6 months (or voluntarily more)
Compensation: This is an Un-paid Internship (with possible credits hours toward graduation for students)
Please join this worthy cause today!
More About YesLiberia:The Youth Empowerment Services of Liberia (YesLiberia, Inc) is a non-profit Organization that through service-learning opportunities focuses on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children, while promoting intercultural understanding to foster global citizenship and improve communities in Liberia and abroad. To date, we’ve given over 350 scholarships in Africa, partnered with 9 schools in Africa, worked with approximately 90 volunteers, and provided school supplies for over 3000 kids, sent 4000 text books and reading books to Africa, hired 4 interns in the USA with course credits benefits towards their graduations, and collaborated with student organizations at 8 universities across the USA. Simply put, if you’re a student with leadership skills, we are the place to build your resume with real-world experience.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Advertising Representative
- Video Editing or Whiteboard...
- Please Help Campaign and Raise...
- Campaign, (easy! from home, and...
- Event Planner or Promoter
- Event Promoter
- Become A Board Member
- Video Animation and Editing Help
- Video Editor Needed ASAP!
- Marketing or Advertising Rep
- eMarketing Volunteers! Help us...
- Social Media Specialist Intern
- Virtual Board Member Needed-...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Animator or Animation Artists
- Virtual Board Member Needed-...
- Communications Intern
- Partners Relations Intern
- Fundraiser Intern