A friendly visitor is needed to provide friendly visits to brighten the day of patients with life-limiting illnesses. Volunteers read, play music, and provide conversation. Of special need are Veterans and music, art or pet therapists. Visits are usually once a week for approximately 1-2 hours. Volunteer work is flexible and based on your availability. We are grateful for as much time as you can give!
Kindred Hospice provides free screening and training. Please contact Elaine Carlsen, Manager of Volunteer Services at Elaine.Carlsen@gentiva.com or call 888-556-8880.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Animal Therapy
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours; We work with your schedule
- Musicians Needed
- Medical/SW Students in Central NJ
- Reiki Practitioner
- Monmouth County: Friendly...
- Spanish Speaking Visitor Needed
- Friendly Visitor: Patients in...
- Friendly Visitor Needed in...
- Vet-to-Vet Volunteer
- Volunteers Needed in Monmouth...
- Healthcare/SW students in Mercer...
- Weekend Friendly Visitor in...
- Lawrenceville: Friendly Visitor...
- Friendly Visitor Needed:...
- Healthcare/SW Students: Monmouth...