BCB seeks board members who will support the work of BCB and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by executive director, the board and executive director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Individuals with experience in Agriculture are preferred.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the executive director as she implements BCB's strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by BCB for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving BCB's annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the executive director and assisting the executive director and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members and a Board of Advisers
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing BCB to stakeholders acting as an ambassador for the organization so that BCB can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment