We need supervisors Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the mornings (8:30am-10:00am). Volunteer for one day per week or more!
The lab offers a supportive environment for learners to practice a variety of skills needed to thrive in today’s world. Learners may be improving their skills in English, reading, or math. Computer Lab Tutors supervisors individualized assistance as learners complete online lessons u in a welcoming, self-paced lab environment.
- Assist adult learners as they learn how to use computers
- Assist learners in checking out laptops and headphones
- Track learner attendance
- Commit to a regular schedule
- Solid computer skills, including the ability to use the Internet, Windows, and email
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in an effective, supportive way with learners and other volunteers
- Ability to work independently in a community computer lab
- Flexibility and patience
- Respect for differences in culture and learning styles
- Interest in adult education
Training: All training and materials will be provided.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week
- Support adults as they build...
- Math Tutor for Adults
- Teach English (ESL) to your...
- Teach Refugees and Immigrants in...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Teach English to Adult students...
- Mentor Adult Students
- Help children in your community...
- Administrative Support for...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...