Fund Development support will raise funds for the organization. The position will create strategic fund initiatives; strengthen ongoing planning giving programming, annual giving programs, and foundation relations. The candidate will have proven federal/foundation grant writing and grant development skills.T his is a Volunteer position. If you are interested please call us today at 615-256-3882 or email email@example.com serious inquries only.
The Grant Writer position will be responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted and restricted revenue. Major Responsibilities:
- Write and edit proposals in response to foundation, corporate and government RFP’s.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the organization history and programs.
- Make appointments with foundation officers.
- Identify potential funders.
- Assemble Letters of Intent and proposals for submission.
- Develop professional working relationships with private and public funder contacts and monitors.
- Manage a calendar of both unrestricted and restricted deadlines.
- Attend applicable resource development meetings.
- Proven experience in writing successful proposals, particularly federal proposals, in one or more of the following areas: Economic Development, Family Support Services, HIV/AIDS Services, Housing Services, Domestic Violence and Food Services.
- Ability to analyze and present data in a compelling manner.
- Strong familiarity with government and foundation contract/grant proposals
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently.
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to proofread effectively.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be self-directed.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Technical Writing
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Financial Planning
- Business Analysis
- Market Research
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18