2 people are interested
Are you passionate for the environment and also good at fundraising? Nature Abounds, an emerging 501c3 non-profit organization that brings people together for a healthy planet through environmental stewardship and volunteerism, is looking for someone like you.
Taking a two-tier approach to achieving its goals, Nature Abounds works with individuals and citizen groups while also working with government agencies. IceWatch USA and Watch the Wild are programs of Nature Abounds.
- Work closely with Nature Abounds staff, overseeing the Fundraising committee which may consist of staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Represent Nature Abounds. As such, correspond with individuals whether it is members, volunteers or donors. Likewise, correspond with partnering and potentially partnering organizations about Nature Abounds and keep Nature Abounds updated on these relationships and how we can support these relations. Attend meetings and conferences on Nature Abounds behalf as able.
- Act as a resource, looking for opportunities for Nature Abounds to be involved.
- Check and respond to Nature Abounds emails in a timely manner.
- Stay informed about organizational matters, prepares themselves well for meetings and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Attend board meetings (if needed) via phone, webinar or in-person, and update the Board on Fundraising Committee matters. When not able, comments and thoughts should be submitted to Chairman of the Board before the meeting on all matters considered major.
- Volunteer for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time. Seek out assignments on a regular basis.
- Participate in the organization’s annual fundraising and planning efforts.
- Enjoy working with individuals as well as in a group setting.
- Have a passion for Nature Abounds mission, service goals and objectives.
- Understands community needs.
- Strong writing skills, ability to oversee and coach others.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business on Non-profit Management, or other similar subject and at least 3-5 years of Fundraising experience.
Commitment Factor: Minimum of ten hours per month.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.