** COURTESY POST **
A volunteer group assists the animals at the Moreno Valley shelter located in the Inland Empire region of Souther California by providing monthly professional photo shoots along with writing a short bio about the pet, and shooting a short video. They are seeking volunteer members to help with these glamour shot events which take place one Sunday per month, typically near the middle or end of the month.
The animals here are in desperate need of help, and the more volunteers to help at the photo shoots, the more animals can be showcased.
Volunteer opportunities available and requirements:
* All volunteers must complete an application from the shelter, attend an orientation at the shelter, sign paperwork to become a volunteer and have a Live Scan fingerprint processed weekdays at the MV police dept. The orientation will cover handling animals.
* Must be available 1 Sunday per month from mid-late morning through mid afternoon for glamour shot events.
* Photographers - need 1 photographer that is proficient in Photoshot or Lightroom and has their own DSLR or mirror less camera, and knows how to use the manual settings on that camera. Must be willing to edt and send photos captured during the photo shoots on that Sunday to the shelter by Sunday evening (same day).
* Videographer - must have high quality video camera or the like to digitally videotape and upload to YouTube videos taken of animals interacting with the handlers
* Biographer - Guidance will be provided as to key bullet points to include on each animal. Must have excellent grammar, and creative writing skills are helpful. Must have laptop to bring to photo shoot and Word editing program.
*Dog and Cat Handlers - must be experienced with animals, and be able to handle strong, excited or shy animals. If you prefer dogs, the volunteers shoot both large breed (pit bulls, shepherds, etc). as well as small breed dogs. They only handle people friendly animals. These dogs can often be very excited they are able to get outside of their kennels or they may be shy, as some often are overwhelmed in the shelter environment. Handlers must be confident with animals, able to take a pack leader stance with them, and have the physical strength to handle larger dogs. A dog trainer would be very much welcomed to help handle the larger breeds and assist with temperament testing.
Please reply to this ad if you are interested and can meet the above requirements of the shelter.
Thank you for your interest and helping the animals at the Moreno Valley shelter who need help so they can walk out of the shelter to their second chance at life.
- Video Production
- Animal Care / Handling
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Once per month on a Sunday for 6 hours
- Shelter Application, Fingerprinting, Orientation