71 people are interested
Educational Program Support
71 people are interested
Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is seeking an Educational Program Support volunteer to provide assistance to our literacy education and technology programs, as well as support to overall operations.
Helping Link volunteers are expected to commit to a minimum of six (6) hours a week, and because this position provides direct support to Educational Programs, a minimum of four of those hours would coincide with the English language classes. For the autumn term 2021, the English Conversation class meets 5:45pm-7:45pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Additionally, there would be some preparation and administrative time required during the week.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to Educational Program
- Set up zoom for classes, help with breakout rooms
- Work closely with instructors to make classroom operation and class preparation smooth
- Assist with and coordinate attendance, classroom management, and direct communication with scholars/clients
- Work with Gala Committee (Education Program-focused) to help coordinate creation of Education Program material to share with gala attendees/funders; this includes collecting photos or short video clips from ESL lessons for inclusion in Gala video/presentation
- Gather and provide stories and anecdotes from classroom interactions for inclusion in the newsletter and other outreach or informational publications
- Work with the Educational Program team on Scholar Recruitment & Registration
- Gather requirements from instructors for new or updated technology or other infrastructure needs, liaise with Executive Director and Technology Program Support volunteer to communicate those needs.
- Report directly to the Executive Director on a weekly basis
*This position is currently remote due to COVID-19
- Familiar with MS Office and other technology software. Helping Link uses Teams extensively, so it is extremely important to be familiar with it, or to be willing to use YouTube to learn how to use it on your own.
- Familiar with office equipment (computer, printer, copier, phone)
- Detail-oriented in administrative activities and support
- Efficient and excellent oral and written communication
- Motivated to learn and interested in helping others
- Flexibility in responding to tasks depending on ongoing events
About Helping Link
1032 S. Jackson St. Suite C, Seattle, WA 98104, US
To empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders.
Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language, citizenship, and computer education classes for adults and seniors; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Directly apply on our website here: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
1032 S. Jackson St. #CSeattle, WA 98104
September 25, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Office Management
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a week