Children's Activity Leader
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
106 people are interested
Title: Children’s Activities Leader
Friends Association is seeking fun-loving, dependable people to interact, read and play with children living in emergency family housing or participating in the Homeless Prevention Program.
- Responsible for interacting with and keeping the children busy and suitably entertained while also motivating children to take part in various activities. She/he need to be extremely caring and should have an intrinsic inclination for children.
- Provide quality, loving care to children attending one of the Friends Association sponsored events.
Qualification and Skills:
- Proficiency in arts and crafts or sports desired
- Excellent communication, organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extremely patient, caring and have an intrinsic inclination for children
Requirements and Commitment
- Background Check and provide two references
Must be at least 18; or at least age 14 and volunteer with a parent or guardian
Orientation or Training
2 Hours a week for at least 6 months
About Friends Association
113 West Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380, US
Friends Association promotes the independence of families with children by providing shelter, programs and services that prevent and end homelessness in Chester County.
Friends Association helps homeless or near homeless families stabliize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing. Through our Emergency Family Shelter, Outreach and Homeless Prevention Programs we address the needs of a wide range of families with children, from those who have become homeless to those who need assistance for a limited time. Our programs help families cope with the complex problems they face while we guide them to find permanent, affordable housing.
Emergency Family Shelter
Our Shelter program combines a private, safe setting and basic necessities with individualized case management services for our families. We strive to keep parents and children together as they work toward becoming stable and productive in their homes, jobs and schools.
Homeless Prevention Program
We help families with children find or maintain safe, permanent housing. Our program balances strong case management services with financial assistance, when needed, for families coming from a shelter or those facing eviction. Our families become independent within 12 to 18 months.
Outreach to Homeless Families
Our Outreach Program connects homeless families with numerous community resources when shelter beds are not available and helps each family develop a plan to transition into stable housing. The program's goal is to secure resources to sustain these families until they are temporarily or permanently housed.
We'll work with your schedule.
113 West Chestnut StreetWest Chester, PA 19380
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- two hours per week