- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
29 people are interested
Title: Front Desk/Receptionist
Area: Administrative Support
Support the Front Desk and reception area at the Friends Association administrative office. Assist Administrative Management with clerical tasks
Perform various clerical duties, answer the telephone, greet visitors, perform data entry using a variety of computer applications, filing, and assist with mailings, stuffing envelopes, and special projects as needed.
Shifts available Monday and Thursday 8.30 am - 4.30 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9.00 am to 11.00 am.
Qualification and Skills:
- Respectful and welcoming of clients; protective of clients' privacy.
- Able to understand/speak English
- Must be able to move and lift up to 20 pounds
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Fundamental understanding of office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to perform basic clerical work involving judgment, accuracy and speed with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain records and files; ability to screen incoming telephone calls and visitors, and maintain confidential files.
- Ability to handle various special projects on an ongoing basis while addressing daily needs for the office.
- Minimum 1 shift per week for at least 3 months
About Friends Association
113 West Chestnut Street, West Chester, PA 19380, US
Friends Association promotes the independence of families with children by providing shelter, programs and services that prevent and end homelessness in Chester County.
Friends Association helps homeless or near homeless families stabliize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing. Through our Emergency Family Shelter, Outreach and Homeless Prevention Programs we address the needs of a wide range of families with children, from those who have become homeless to those who need assistance for a limited time. Our programs help families cope with the complex problems they face while we guide them to find permanent, affordable housing.
Emergency Family Shelter
Our Shelter program combines a private, safe setting and basic necessities with individualized case management services for our families. We strive to keep parents and children together as they work toward becoming stable and productive in their homes, jobs and schools.
Homeless Prevention Program
We help families with children find or maintain safe, permanent housing. Our program balances strong case management services with financial assistance, when needed, for families coming from a shelter or those facing eviction. Our families become independent within 12 to 18 months.
Outreach to Homeless Families
Our Outreach Program connects homeless families with numerous community resources when shelter beds are not available and helps each family develop a plan to transition into stable housing. The program's goal is to secure resources to sustain these families until they are temporarily or permanently housed.
We'll work with your schedule.
113 West Chestnut StreetWest Chester, PA 19380
- Office Reception
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- at least one shift per week