Help Save a Kitty - Volunteer at Angel's Wish (age 18+)
57 people are interested
Our organization saves abandoned cats and kittens, providing foster homes for them until they are adopted. Your part would be working at weekend events at our Verona Center. You will greet potential adopters, help maintain a clean, safe environment for the kittens, provide assistance with various cleaning chores such as laundry, dishes, stocking shelves, and so much more. The time spent interacting with these animals and their new families is so rewarding.
We are staffed by 100% volunteers who all love what they do. We are open only on weekends and offer various shifts to suit your schedule.
New kittens and cats arrive every week. We always need good foster homes for these cuties. Read the listing for Foster Homes to get more information.
IN ORDER TO VOLUNTEER WITH US PLEASE:
1) Visit our website at: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=557368805,fill out, and submit a new adult volunteer application
2) You will be contacted to attend a one-hour new volunteer orientation prior to your first shift.
3) Sign up for your first volunteer shift and begin helping needy furbabies find loving homes!
Join us today! The cats and kittens need your TLC.Top adult volunteer needs:
- Adoption Center Volunteer-work at our Verona Center on weekends to keep cats and kittens happy and healthy during their stay including important cleaning and help connect families with a new pet.
- Feline Foster Homes-provide the daily care for a homeless cat(s), take to veterinary visits, and bring to adoption locations to meet potential adopters. We pay for medicals and food. Click here to learn more about fostering. (Separate application - see our other posting on this website)
- Customer Service Volunteer-for pros at multi-tasking! Welcome weekend visitors to our Adoption Center, help retail customers, cashier, process adoptions, and answer phone calls.
- Saturday Morning Cashier-help us during our busiest shift of the week with processing adoptions and checking out customers. One day a month minimum commitment
- Microchipper-microchip animals one Saturday a month for pet parents in the community to help their pet get home safely should they become lost or stolen.
- Veterinary care provider-one Saturday a month, provide routine vaccinations, check for parasites, microchip, and draw blood for SNAP tests.
- Retail committee member-work as part of a team to redesign our retail area, order product, and provide overall direction for our retail store. All proceeds go to our mission.
- Donations processor-help us process and deposit donations and thank donors in a timely manner. Bi-weekly, six-month commitment.
- Weekday Care Provider - We have a dedicated team of local volunteers who take care of any animals who for any reason are temporarily staying at our adoption center rather than in a foster home
- Special Events - Occasionally we have a special fundraising event and all volunteers will be invited to participate as time permits.
About Angel's Wish
161 Horizon Drive, Suite 106, Verona, WI 53593, US
Angel's Wish is dedicated to reducing animal overpopulation, rehoming companion animals, and raising awareness of animal welfare issues in South Central Wisconsin.
Angel's Wish is a non-profit, 501c3 agency, staffed entirely by volunteers. We do not maintain a shelter, but instead use volunteer foster homes to provide a less-stressful environment until our animals find new homes. We actively seek out new adoptive homes via our website, Petfinder.com, and through adoption events at our adoption center, at Mound's Petfood Warehouse, PETsMART East, and PETsMART West. We promote spaying/neutering of companion animals to help reduce pet overpopulation, and practice neuter before adoption. We also provide microchipping to the public to help lost animals find their way home.
We'll work with your schedule.
161 Horizon Drive, Suite 106angelswish.org/adult-volunteer-application/Verona, WI 53593
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible scheduling