Help Save a Kitty - Volunteer at Angel's Wish (age 18+)
52 people are interested
Our organization saves abandoned cats and kittens, providing foster homes for them until they are adopted. Your part would be working at weekend events at our Verona Center. You will greet potential adopters, help maintain a clean, safe environment for the kittens, provide assistance with various cleaning chores such as laundry, dishes, stocking shelves, and so much more. The time spent interacting with these animals and their new families is so rewarding. We are staffed by 100% volunteers who all love what they do. We are open only on weekends and offer various shifts to suit your schedule.
New kittens and cats arrive every week. We always need good foster homes for these cuties. Read the listing for Foster Homes to get more information.
IN ORDER TO VOLUNTEER WITH US PLEASE:
1) Visit our website: http://angelswish.org/adult-volunteer-application/
2) Fill out and submit a new adult volunteer application
3) You will be contacted to attend a one-hour new volunteer training class prior to your first shift.
Join us today! The cats and kittens need your TLC.Top 10 adult volunteer needs
- Feline foster homes-provide the daily care for a homeless cat(s), take to veterinary visits, and bring to adoption locations to meet potential adopters. We pay for medicals and food. Click here to learn more about fostering.
- Adoption center volunteer-work at our Verona Center on weekends to keep cats and kittens happy and healthy during their stay including important cleaning and help connect families with a new pet. Saturday shifts are 9:30am to 1pm, 1:30pm to 5:00pm, and 3:30pm to 5:00pm (cleaning only). Sunday shifts are 12:30pm to 2:30pm and 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Customer service volunteer-for pros at multi-tasking! Welcome weekend visitors to our Adoption Center, help retail customers, cashier, process adoptions, and answer phone calls.
- Saturday morning cashier-help us during our busiest shift of the week with processing adoptions and checking out customers. 9:30am to 12:45pm, one day a month minimum commitment.
- Microchipper-microchip animals one Saturday a month for pet parents in the community to help their pet get home safely should they become lost or stolen.
- Veterinary care provider-one Saturday a month, provide routine vaccinations, check for parasites, microchip, and draw blood for SNAP tests.
- Retail committee member-work as part of a team to redesign our retail area, order product, and provide overall direction for our retail store. All proceeds go to our mission.
- Workshop coordinator-help us plan workshops for our volunteers and the general public on animal related topics. Identify topics, find presenters, handle registration and coordinate the day of workshop.
- Donations processor-help us process and deposit donations and thank donors in a timely manner. Bi-weekly, six-month commitment.
- Public relations coordinator-help us raise awareness of Angel’s Wish by submitting events to community calendars, writing and sending press releases, and other activities.
We'll work with your schedule.
161 Horizon Drive, Suite 106angelswish.org/adult-volunteer-application/Verona, WI 53593
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible scheduling