Help the National Multiple Sclerosis Society-Wisconsin Chapter’s marketing communications department raise awareness about MS, the Chapter’s programs and services, and fundraising initiatives that support the mission to find a cure.
Experiences may include organizing, researching, proofreading, editing and/or writing content for the Chapter’s quarterly magazine, various electronic communications, press releases, miscellaneous print pieces and website content; gathering data to support Chapter communication efforts; maintaining community calendar listings and/or media contacts lists; and completing other projects as assigned.
This is an unpaid internship focused on providing real-world experience in a non-profit setting that students can use to advance their career development.
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and phone skills
- Interest in learning about non-profit communication, marketing and/or public relations
- Comfort in speaking with others and working with a variety of people
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, especially on research projects
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of AP Style and print or electronic design is a plus
- Experience with desktop publishing, graphic design or HTML a plus
- Full- and part-time college students or graduate students who are pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related communication field are invited to apply. Commitment of one semester (or 8 to 12 weeks in summer), minimum 8 hours per week (may be spread across multiple days), on site at the Chapter office in Hartland is required.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Technical Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 hours per week