Are you currently a retired or current educator looking to continue to help children? If so, the Field Trip Explorer is the right volunteer role for you! The Field Trip Explorer will assist Pretend City Children’s Museum Education Department staff in coordinating and conducting field trips.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Actively engage in developmentally appropriate play and exploration with field trip groups
- Provide Community Codes (Pretend City’s rules for play)
- Assist floor staff with the facilitation of Field Trip lessons
- Act as additional support on museum floor within the exhibit spaces
- Interact with all guests in an upbeat and friendly manner
- Provide assistance with field trip set-up and preparation
Additional tasks to support field trips available on a case-by-case basis. Please inquire regarding specific interests.
The following are the skills and qualifications which are highly recommended:
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Able to communicate clearly with staff, volunteers, and guests
- The ideal candidate will be a retired teacher or have previous experience teaching and/or working with children in one of the following settings: school, early childhood development center, or preschool.
- Interested in working with children in a structured setting.
If you are interested in volunteering with Pretend City, please go on our website and submit an application! http://www.pretendcity.org/volunteer/#application
*Bi-Lingual in Spanish, Chinese, and Korean a plus
*Pretend City Children's Museum does not currently accept volunteers who need court-ordered community service hours*
*Volunteers need to be at least 12 years of age to volunteer*
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Between 9:00a.m.-1:00p.m*. Monday through Thursday