Get your hands dirty while helping out the community! Community Harvest Project (CHP) is working to build an engaged and healthier community by bringing volunteers together to grow fresh fruits and vegetables for hunger relief. CHP is the largest nongovernmental source of fresh produce for hunger relief in Worcester County.
Volunteer Team Leaders are a key part of CHP's success. Team Leaders partner with the field staff to represent the organization by setting a positive tone for a mission-centered volunteer experience. Team leading is a rewarding hands-on experience that involves guiding and working with a wide range of volunteers to complete various farm activities. Though it takes a great deal of hard work to accomplish our mission, we also want everyone to have fun on the farm!
We are looking for volunteers with:
- Interest and commitment to Community Harvest Project's overall mission and purpose
- Ability to lead and work with volunteer groups of all sizes and ages (pre-K to senior)
- A friendly, engaging personality with a positive outlook
- Ability to perform varying degrees of hands-on farm activities in all types of weather
Responsibilities typically include:
- Welcome all groups upon arrival and thank you send off
- Lead groups of volunteers to complete assigned activities
- Ensure a positive overall experience
- Encourage volunteers to sign in and sign up for our e-newsletter
- Inspire the engagement of volunteers of every interest level
Volunteer Team Leaders are asked to commit to a minimum of two shifts per season. We are especially in need of volunteers able to lead once a week in the spring and fall. Volunteer opportunities are typically mornings Monday-Saturday. No prior farming experience is needed.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment