Get Your Hands Dirty Team Leading with Community Harvest Project
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
59 people are interested
Give back to the community by working with a leading Central Massachusetts non-profit organization. Community Harvest Project (CHP) is working to build an engaged and healthier community by bringing volunteers together to grow fresh fruits and vegetables for hunger relief. CHP is the largest non governmental source of fresh produce for hunger relief in Worcester County.
Volunteer Team Leaders are a key part of CHP’s success. Team Leaders partner with the field staff to represent the organization by setting a positive tone for a mission-centered volunteer experience. Team leading is a rewarding hands-on experience that involves guiding and working with a wide range of volunteers to complete various farm activities. Though it takes a great deal of hard work to accomplish our mission, we also want everyone to have fun on the farm!
Interested volunteers should email email@example.com or call (774)551-6544.
Why become a Team Leader?
- Gain an opportunity to actively participate in the Worcester County Community by engaging with volunteer groups from all across MA and by working hands-on to grow food donated to those in our community experiencing food insecurity
- Be a part of a dynamic team of farmers and volunteers who work together to further CHP’s mission
- Spend time outside on a beautiful farm and stay active
Responsibilities usually include:
- Leading groups of volunteers to complete assigned farm activities
- Seeding, weeding, harvesting, washing produce
- Welcoming all volunteer groups upon arrival and participating in thank you’s and send-offs
- Team leaders are often the first person volunteers will interact with at CHP, so being welcoming and engaging is very important!
- Ensuring a positive overall experience for volunteers
- Inspiring the engagement of volunteers of every interest level
- Encouraging volunteers to sign up for our e-newsletter and attend upcoming events
Ideal volunteers will:
- Have an interest and commitment to Community Harvest Project’s overall mission and purpose
- Be able to lead and work with volunteer groups of all sizes and ages (pre-K to senior citizens)
- Have a friendly, engaging personality and positive outlook
- Be able to perform hands-on farm activities in all types of weather
We'll work with your schedule.
37 Wheeler RoadNorth Grafton, MA 01536
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We request that Volunteer Team Leaders work a minimum of five shifts per season, each shift is about 3 hours.