King County's animal shelter/ RASKC is seeking volunteers to cuddle and care for kitties from the shelter who temporarily reside at Tukwila Petco (near SouthCenter), as they wait to be adopted.
You would give the cat fresh food & water. Clean the kennel, then give loving attention to the animal.
As a RASKC ambassador, you also engage with Petco customers who are interested in cat care or the cat-adoption process. You also maintain the best possible professional relationships with the Petco staff.
Volunteers work a regularly 60- 90-minute shift. At the moment RASKC offers these openings:
. Sundays, 4-5pm (alternating weeks) OR
. Mondays, 6-7pm (weekly)
. Thursdays, 9-10am (alternating weeks)
If you start in the summer, your minimum commitment is only six shifts, plus training.
1. Complete an initial online application
* Step 2 at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
2. Register and attend new volunteer orientation
* Step 1 at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
(Please do not contact the store).
- Animal Care / Handling
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 9
- Orientation or Training
- In summer: 6 shifts, plus training
- 9- 15 y.o. volunteers only with parent/ guardian