Grocery Shopper- Norwescap RSVP Grocery Assistance Program
Norwescap RSVP is looking for a caring, compassionate, and dedicated individual to join our volunteer team!
The Grocery Assistance Program Volunteer assists older adults (age 60+) buy their grocery items. The volunteer is asked to retrieve the money and grocery list from the client and purchase and deliver the items to the clients they are working with.
Volunteers are paired with one or more seniors within reasonable driving distance to their home. Volunteers will schedule weekly or biweekly grocery store trips for their senior, based upon what the senior needs. They will go to the senior’s home to confirm their needs, get a form of payment for items, and then head to the store. If they are unable to find items at the store the shopper will call the senior to make adjustments. Once the shopping is complete, the volunteer will return to the senior’s home with their items.
The Volunteer will never enter the senior's home. The volunteer will wear a face mask and gloves when they are with the senior. The volunteer will wear a face mask at the store.
- Pick-up shopping list and money from the client.
- Carry out shopping as instructed by the client and return the groceries, receipt, and change to them.
- Provide Norwescap RSVP with a copy of the receipt and report sheet
- Report any concerns and problems to the supervising staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Physical ability to stand, walk and reach in store while shopping including putting grocery items in cart and conveyor belt at check-out
- Have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and automobile insurance that meets the minimum requirements as defined by the State of New Jersey
- Ability to clearly read labels and store signage
- Commitment to pay attention to detail and shop accordingly
- Willing to communicate with clients as needed to ensure correct orders
About Norwescap RSVP
21 Pine Street, Suite 101, Rockaway, NJ 07866, US
RSVP is a free service association for people ages 55 years and older and a program of Americorps Seniors. It is sponsored locally by Norwescap, Inc.
Norwescap RSVP links the skills of volunteers with local organizations to meet identified community needs.
Norwescap RSVP offers volunteer management expertise to Affiliated Partner Agencies while also coordinating a number of community programs. Our staff has combined for over 50 years of non-profit and volunteer experience.