One area that our hospice focuses on is that no one dies alone. Bedside Vigil Volunteers will place volunteer to sit with patients during their final hours. The goal is to provide companionship for the patient when the family is not present, or to help support family during this time.
The ideal person(s) for this volunteer opportunity will possess good communication skills, good judgment regarding the death and dying process and issues related to death; willing to work independently; possess a positive attitude; be empathetic and compassionate.
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months/ 50 hours
- Bedside Vigil Volunteers
- KeepSake Pillow Volunteer
- Barberton area- Recognize &...
- Barberton In-Patient & Family...
- Office Volunteer-Office Assistant
- Caring Cuisine
- Wish Patients a Happy Birthday...
- Caring Cards Volunteer
- Provide Support to Hospice...
- Barberton/Canton - Companion...
- Recognize & Honor a Veteran
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Music Ministry
- Companion Volunteer -Akron,...
- Compose Patient's Life Stories,...
- In-Patient & Family Services...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Provide patients & families...
- Become a Spiritual Companion to...