For many people who are terminally ill, their pet is the lifeline that keeps them going. Their pet comforts them, soothes away tension and pain, reduces fear and offers unconditional love. They provide companionship and alleviate loneliness. However, when a person is seriously ill, it often becomes a problem for them to care for their pet properly. Pet Peace of Mind assists by delivering gift cards to patient’s homes when their budget is stretched too thin by medical expenses.
As a volunteer you will come into our office to pick up the necessary paperwork and gift card and then set up a delivery of the gift card to the patient’s home. We encourage our volunteers to enter the home to meet the patient, family and pets that you will be providing support for. Most gift cards are delivered every 4-6 weeks so you will be visiting that patient as described on your volunteer assignment sheet.
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months, 50 hours
- Bedside Vigil Volunteers
- KeepSake Pillow Volunteer
- Barberton area- Recognize &...
- Barberton In-Patient & Family...
- Office Volunteer-Office Assistant
- Caring Cuisine
- Wish Patients a Happy Birthday...
- Caring Cards Volunteer
- Barberton/Canton - Companion...
- Provide Support to Hospice...
- Recognize & Honor a Veteran
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Music Ministry
- Companion Volunteer -Akron,...
- Compose Patient's Life Stories,...
- In-Patient & Family Services...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Provide patients & families...
- Become a Spiritual Companion to...