We are looking to connect passionate volunteers with struggling readers to help students build strong literacy skills, gain confidence, and discover a passion for reading. You can be a mentor, a leader and a friend to students in need. No formal teaching experience is required, commit just one hour a week.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me I remember. Involve me and I learn"
This wonderful opportunity and so much more is available through the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program for individuals 55 and over in all 5 boroughs! After participating in a thorough interview with an RSVP representative, you will be placed in one of our 400 community-based partner organizations. We pride ourselves on helping you find the right volunteer opportunity to fit your skills and interests.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Become a Literacy Program...
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...
- Attend Orientation to be a...