With the compassionate and respectful help of over 2,000 committed volunteers, Solid Ground supports more than 55,000 King County residents each year in meeting their urgent housing, food and lifeskills needs to escape poverty and thrive.
INTERN POSITION SUMMARY: The Communications Intern will work at the direction of the Communications Department to generate impactful and engaging stories and visual content about our work and issues related to addressing poverty, racism and other oppressions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Research and write content for Solid Ground’s Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages (1-3 blog posts/week).
- Research and obtain appropriate images for use in media
- Proofread/copyedit print and web-based content generated by the Communications Department.
- Other related tasks, as assigned.
- Interest in writing about poverty and Solid Ground’s efforts to help people thrive.
- Experience writing or editing publications and/or web-based content is a plus.
- Fluency in MS Office Suite necessary. Knowledge of desktop publishing programs a plus (including Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and WordPress for blogs)
- Photography/videography skills a plus.
- Experience working with low-income communities or demonstrated interest in issues affecting low-income communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work individually in a self-directed manner and as part of a team, coordinating efforts with program staff.
- Willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles, sexual orientations, and of all ages.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10-30 hours a week; minimum of 8 weeks
- Cooking Matters Class Assistant
- Help End Hunger in Your Community!
- RSVP Volunteers Needed for Food...
- Child/Youth Group Assistant
- Enrich Your Life and the Lives...
- Share Your Cooking Skills with...
- Become a RSVP Tutor, Mentor, or...
- Increase Housing and Employment...
- Support Veterans and Military...
- Volunteer Drivers Needed for...
- Social Media Communications Intern
- Adult Day Health Activity...
- Share Your Love of Cooking and...
- Provide Nutrition Education in...
- Older Adults Needed to Tutor in...
- Mentor Newly Arrived Refugees
- After School Tutor