Bedside Volunteer - Sterling Heights
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
39 people are interested
Position: Volunteer helps to provide services, which enhances the care and quality of life for end-of-life patients and their families.
Basic Responsibilities May Include:
- Being a supportive friend or companion to the patient and family
- Providing respite support for caregiver by staying with the patient while family takes a break from care
- Assisting with running errands, personal correspondence, meals, and light housekeeping duties
- Help with minor home repairs and yard work
- Complete and turn in patient care documentation forms, time sheets, and other volunteer paperwork as needed
- Maintain ongoing contact with Volunteer Coordinator and Interdisciplinary Team members
- Maintain patient and family confidentiality
- Notify patient/family and Volunteer Coordinator if unable to make scheduled visits
- Abide by all Hospice policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by Volunteer Coordinator
About McLaren Hospice
1515 Cal Drive, Davison, MI 48423, US
Vision Statement: Our vision is to be recognized as the premier provider of homecare services as measured by superior quality, dedicated/professional people, outstanding customer service, and financial strength. Mission Statement: McLaren Health Care Corporation, through its subsidiaries, will be Michigan's best value in healthcare as defined by quality outcomes and cost.
The hospice program offers specialized care to eligible patients to enhance the time they spend with family and friends. Our skilled specialists provide care that addresses all aspects of a patient's illness, as well as the patient's physical, spiritual, and emotional needs. From pain and symptom management to respite care for family members, the care we provide supports patient and family choices with respect, comfort, and dignity. We address the patient's personal needs and symptoms to give them the greatest amount of independence possible. Our focus is improving the quality of life so that our patients and families can live their lives as fully as possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
12900 Hall Rd. Ste 200Volunteer OfficeSterling Heights, MI 48313
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training