Position: Volunteer helps to provide services, which enhances the care and quality of life for end-of-life patients and their families.
Basic Responsibilities May Include:
- Being a supportive friend or companion to the patient and family
- Providing respite support for caregiver by staying with the patient while family takes a break from care
- Assisting with running errands, personal correspondence, meals, and light housekeeping duties
- Help with minor home repairs and yard work
- Complete and turn in patient care documentation forms, time sheets, and other volunteer paperwork as needed
- Maintain ongoing contact with Volunteer Coordinator and Interdisciplinary Team members
- Maintain patient and family confidentiality
- Notify patient/family and Volunteer Coordinator if unable to make scheduled visits
- Abide by all Hospice policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by Volunteer Coordinator
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Blue Water Area- Residential...
- Community Outreach Volunteers
- Bedside Volunteer - Macomb
- Blue Water Area Volunteer
- Bedside Volunteer - Oakland
- Help McLaren Provide Support for...
- Hospice Volunteer -...
- Help McLaren Help Families!
- Make a Hospice Patients Day a...
- Licensed Cosmetologist for Hospice
- Hospice Office Volunteer -...
- Bedside Volunteer - Flint
- Beside Volunteer Port Huron
- Blue Water Area - Pet Therapy
- Office Volunteer - Davison
- What does a Hospice Volunteer Do?
- Bedside Volunteer - Lapeer
- Emotional, Spiritual Support
- Blue Water Area - Music to Make...