Coats for Kids
Imagine you are 12-years-old and without a coat. And it is winter. Can you see yourself shivering in the cold? Now imagine that your family visits a Salvation Army Coat Boutique and is assisted by a friendly volunteer who hands your parent a warm coat, just your size. Now imagine being the volunteer who helped distribute that coat. Can you see the delight and hope that giving that coat brings? Each year, thousands of children residing in the metro area - from infants to 17 year-olds - receive a warm coat for the winter through Coats for Kids. And you can be the one to help put the coat in their hands and a smile on their face.
Coat Boutique Distribution Volunteer
Volunteers will escort and assist parents in selecting coats for their children. 2 - 25 volunteers per shift (depends on location). Volunteers taking the last shift of the day will also assist with tearing down the coat boutique (dismantling racks, packing up hangers, etc). Minimum age is 16.
Date: Thursday, October 27
Times: 9:15 a.m. - 1 p.m., 12:15 p.m. - 4 p.m., 3:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Coat boutiques are held at multiple locations in the Twin Cities area. To see the full list of sites, please visit our website and check out Coats for Kids at salvationarmynorth.org/community/twin-cities-metro/community-pages/volunteering-21/
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- One time, about 4 hours
- Salvation Army - Virginia, MN
- Salvation Army - Fergus Falls, MN
- Salvation Army - Willmar, MN
- Salvation Army - Albert Lea, MN
- Salvation Army - Hibbing, MN
- Salvation Army - Austin, MN
- Salvation Army - Grand Forks, ND
- Breakfast Server
- Salvation Army - Minot, ND
- Coats for Kids Boutique Escort
- Salvation Army - Rochester, MN
- Food Service Kitchen Assistant
- Bell Ringer
- Salvation Army - Brainerd, MN
- Salvation Army - St. Cloud, MN
- Salvation Army - Mankato, MN
- Coats for Kids Boutique Set-up...
- Salvation Army - International...
- Salvation Army - Bismarck, ND
- Salvation Army - Jamestown, ND