As an Outreach Coordinator, you are at the helm of creating the face and footprint for YMI in the community. You will build relationships with organizations and individuals that care about women’s leadership development, and who can benefit from getting involved. This position is at the heart of the Young Mothers Inc organization’s outreach and presence.
- Coordinate three monthly programs per semester with emphasis on women-centered initiatives during and in relation to the cultural heritage months (if a month is not themed, the programming should reflect a current women's issue);
- Responsible for managing the WC programming budget ($500 per semester) in consultation with the Multicultural Affairs Program Coordinator;
- Remain current on local, national, and international issues that are currently affecting women and propose how the WC and other partners can assist in raising awareness;
- Maintain a book and video library that caters to women and gender issues including but not limited to physical and psychological health, sexual issues, discrimination, career, family, etc;
- Mentor 2-3 WC Interns;
- Survey WC guests to ensure the WC is adequately serving community on a semester basis;
- Maintain the WC email and Facebook accounts;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with groups affiliated with the WC (i.e. Gender Studies, Pacific Feminists, etc.);
- Involve WC interns in the development process of WC initiatives;
- Build strong interpersonal relationships with WC guests;
- Attend all Multicultural Affairs meetings, trainings, in-services;
- Report administrative issues, including but not limited to WC hours, WC facility matters, and payroll matters, to the Multicultural Affairs Administrative Assistant II;
- Report and submit biweekly reports to and attend bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with the Multicultural Affairs Program Coordinator.
- Recruit for our YMI Core Leadership Program, workshops, and events. Our Core Leadership Program is one of our biggest income producing events. We have the programs several times a year.
- Conduct outreach by phone, email, meetings and events. We are flexible in your outreach method. You can do the outreach / sales position long distance
- Identify opportunities in the community that will help us promote YMI’s mission
- Support fund development campaigns
- Create and manage your contact spreadsheets
- A People Person
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient Creative and writing skills
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to motivate and mentor in a leadership capacity
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- at least 6 months
- Fashion Make Up Interns Needed
- Marketing Director Needed ASAP
- Intern your way to Your Dream Job
- Volunteer Opportunity: Blogger...
- Fashion Model Interns Needed
- Fashion Photographer Intern...
- Fashion Design Intern Needed
- Fashion Design Project Needs...
- Healthy Eating Workshop Needs...
- Fashion Social Media Coordinator...
- Mobile App Designer Volunteer...
- Nonprofit Grant Writer Volunteer
- Fashion Design Internship Virtual
- Social Media Coordinator for...
- Event Planner needed asap!
- Social Media Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Design Manager
- Career Workshop Needs...
- Business Outreach Coordinator