Located in Westerly, Save The Bay's South Coast Center is home to our advocacy, restoration, and environmental education programs serving the South County and Coastal Ponds region from Narragansett to the Connecticut border. We are looking for dedicated and self-motivated volunteers to help care for the marine creatures, manage tanks, answer phones, assist with crafts and other projects, help visitors, and more. Training will be provided and internships are available for qualified candidates.
Requirements : Be friendly, outgoing, and willing to learn. Be reliable and able to help out on a consistent basis. Be able to stand up for most of a shift. Docents must be 18+ for the South County Center and 16+ for the Exploration Center. Background check required.
South Coast Center in Westerly
Location: 8 Broad St., Westerly, RI (map)
Hours: The South Coast Center is open Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Shifts are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m and 12 - 3 p.m. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m is also available.
Sign up to arrange an orientation!
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 3 hours per week
- Communications Internship - Save...
- South Coast Center Internship
- Save The Bay - South County...
- Save The Bay Development...
- Habitat Internship - Save The Bay
- Volunteer At A Hands-On Aquarium...
- Events Internship
- Volunteer Management Internship
- Education and Aquarist Internship
- Environmental Education Internship