Find a purpose, develop new skills, share your time... You can make a difference!
Seasons Hospice is looking for Volunteers to visit patients in Gilroy and Morgan Hill.
As a Seasons Hospice Volunteer, you help patients and family members by offering emotional support and companionship. Volunteer activities with patients include: Playing cards, reading out loud, watching videos on Youtube, listening to music, doing crafts, listening to patients’ stories, but most of all, becoming a friend to someone dealing with a terminal illness.
If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity, then this is for you!
Training to be a Seasons Hospice Volunteer is extensive but the time is well spent if you have an interest in hospice or healthcare.
- An untarnished criminal background history
- Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- Simple physical exam, offered to you at no cost
- Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free at our office
- Completion of 3-6 hours of self-study online modules
- Volunteers must be 18 or older, but can be 16 to volunteer in our office.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You can volunteer as much or as little as you like