Clothing and Shoe Specialist
15 people are interested
Seton Family Store's volunteer Clothing & Shoe Specialists assist in the receiving, sorting and hanging of clothing donated for sale; welcoming and greeting donors; screening and accepting donations; providing a donation receipt when requested.
* Receive donations and provide charitable contribution receipts
* Evaluate clothing and shoes donated and separate sellable & unsellable items
* Hang & stock clothing and shoes by category
* Adhere to pricing guidelines and use appropriate resources provided
* Maintain safe and clean work station(s)
* Restock inventory as needed
* Other duties as assigned by the Staff
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
* Experience in a retail setting
* Experience and knowledge of clothing and shoe brands, condition, values and pricing
* Volunteer should be a team player and enjoy volunteering independently.
* Able to lift and carry heavy objects helpful but not required.
* Excellent customer service skills are required.
About Seton Center, Inc.
226 East Lincoln Avenue, EMMITSBURG, MD 21727, US
Mission Statement: To work with our neighbors to build a hopeful future, in the Spirit of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, through a focus on the self-sufficiency and well-being of the whole person. Vision Statement: To be a leading northern Frederick County, Maryland resource for emergency support services and skill development, catalyzing systemic change for a more vibrant, healthy community.
Seton Center, Inc. is a social service organization in northern Frederick County MD. We provide financial assistance for mortgage, rent, utility, clothing and medical expenses. We also offer the Seton Family Store (thrift shop), and case management to guide and support client growth in the areas of life skills such as literacy, financial and health management.
Many of the families we serve are working people living at or below the poverty level. We believe that each person is unique and should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of race, creed or financial status.
We'll work with your schedule.
226 East Lincoln AvenueEmmitsburg, MD 21727
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday thru Saturday - morning shifts 10 AM-1 PM; afternoon shifts 1-4 PM. Schedules are flexible.