Seton Family Store Cashier!
5 people are interested
Currently need experienced Cashiers to assist in the merchandising and sale of items donated to the Seton Family Store using the Clover Point of Sale System.
Assist in the merchandising and sale of items donated to the Seton Family Store in order to raise funding for the programs and services the Outreach Office provides.
- Warmly greet customers as they enter the Family Store
- Check customers out using a Clover Point of Sale system
- Promote Seton Center’s sales, discounts and drawings
- Bag merchandise if there is not an assistant available
- Restock inventory at cashier station as needed
- Maintain safe and clean work station(s)
- Be mindful of possible theft and report to a staff member if observed
- Provide excellent customer service through positive interactions
- Other duties as assigned by staff
Volunteer should be a team player and enjoy volunteering independently.
- Ability to see and use a calculator and Point of Sale System
- Follow cash management procedures for sales, discounts, vouchers and gift certificates
- Knowledge of basic math
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
About Seton Center, Inc.
226 East Lincoln Avenue, EMMITSBURG, MD 21727, US
Mission Statement: To work with our neighbors to build a hopeful future, in the Spirit of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, through a focus on the self-sufficiency and well-being of the whole person. Vision Statement: To be a leading northern Frederick County, Maryland resource for emergency support services and skill development, catalyzing systemic change for a more vibrant, healthy community.
Seton Center, Inc. is a social service organization in northern Frederick County MD. We provide financial assistance for mortgage, rent, utility, clothing and medical expenses. We also offer the Seton Family Store (thrift shop), and case management to guide and support client growth in the areas of life skills such as literacy, financial and health management.
Many of the families we serve are working people living at or below the poverty level. We believe that each person is unique and should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of race, creed or financial status.
We'll work with your schedule.
226 East Lincoln AvenueEmmitsburg, MD 21727
- Sales Process
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours weekly; Tuesday thru Saturday; Saturdays are our most pressing need.
- Must be willing to submit to and able to pass a criminal background check and participate in the volunteer orientation and all required training.