Engage Seniors in Stimulating Therapeutic Arts! One-on-one art making and creative connections!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1415 W. Foster Avenue5520 N. Paulina2720 W. FosterChicago, IL 60640
Position Title: Art Assistant
Reports To: Arts Programming Coordinator and Director of Volunteer Services
Assist teaching artists, therapeutic arts and aging specialists, and arts prgoram leaders as well as special art making events. We are looking for engaging, outgoing people with patience and a passion for art and helping seniors.
Responsible To: Arts Programming Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Interrelationships: Residents/Clients/Tenants, Families, Co-Workers, Vendors, Visitors
Works Closely with: Arts Programming Coordinator, Activities Coordinators, Outside contractors
TIME REQUIRED: Approximately an hour.
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: Monthly commitment is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently promotes interactions and activity that reflect the Mission and Values of the organization while consistently demonstrating and ensuring person centered customer service.
- Schedule volunteer time in advance with the Program Coordinator
- If applicable, help with set up and distribution of materials for art projects and other activities.
- Work in collaboration with other volunteers
- Log volunteer time by signing in and out on the Volunteer Log Sheet.
- Compliance and understanding of HIPAA laws.
- Performs similar and other duties as assigned.
ATTENDANCE AND WORK HABITS:
Is dependable and reliable when scheduled to work as evidenced by infrequent use of sick time, absent time and lateness. Follows dress code and practices principles of good health and hygiene. Illustrates positive attitude and good work habits as evidenced by effective communication, teamwork, quality of work and care, initiative, cooperation and adherence to all policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interest in serving seniors and compassion for this population
- Possess strong listening skills
- Interest in exploring art and creativity with seniors
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong aptitude for written and verbal correspondence
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with elderly population is desirable, but not required
SAFETY & EDUCATION
Attends all mandatory training. Completes drug test and background check. Knowledgeable of the emergency codes and understands and observes safety rules. Maintain clean and safe work area.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
When physical requirements are not essential job functions, reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk continuously
- Ability to see, hear and speak continuously at a level to meet all essential functions of the job
- Activities required include occasional stooping, bending, reaching, occasional kneeling and squatting
- Physical work is of light demand with frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 30lbs.
- Work is of high attention and mental demands including the ability to prioritize and process with accuracy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training