The Youth Empowerment Services of Liberia (YesLiberia, Inc) is a non-profit Organization that through service-learning opportunities focuses on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children, while promoting intercultural understanding to foster global citizenship and improve communities in Liberia and abroad. To date, we’ve given over 350 scholarships in Africa, partnered with 9 schools in Africa, worked with approximately 90 volunteers, and provided school supplies for over 3000 kids, sent 4000 text books and reading books to Africa, hired 4 interns in the USA with course credits benefits towards their graduations, and collaborated with student organizations at 8 universities across the USA. Simply put, if you’re a student with leadership skills, we are the place to build your resume with real-world experience. If you’re a working professional or a retiree, we expect to implement your experience.
YesLiberia, Inc. is seeking...
Position: Communications Intern
Location: Virtual- work from where ever you are, on your own schedule
Description:YesLiberia is seeking an enthusiastic self-motivated individual, interested in gaining experience in a wide variety of various aspects of communications. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a non-profit organization.
- Update and maintain YesLiberia’s social media presence, Facebook, Twitter, Google
- Write and help manage bi-weekly eNewsletter and blogs
- Gather media contacts, bloggers contacts, and PSA contact to forward press releases to. Draft, and pitch news/press releases, media alerts and other stories
- Help setup interview opportunities for YesLiberia, Inc.
- Update YesLiberia’s website content when needed
- Attend weekly conference calls and give progress report updates
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about YesLiberia
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas for blogs
- Maintain communication with partners and donors
- At least sophomore in college or a graduate
- Some Media or Journalism experience
- Media Studies, Journalism, or Communications Major in College or Graduate
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with social media, writing articles, and high level communication announcements
Start Date/Duration: 3-6 months (or voluntarily more)
Compensation: This is an Un-paid Internship (with possible credits hours toward graduation for students)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-8 per week
- Advertising Representative
- Video Editing or Whiteboard...
- Please Help Campaign and Raise...
- Talented Fundraising Volunteer...
- Program Marketing Specialist
- Student Groups Representative
- Campaign, (easy! from home, and...
- Event Planner or Promoter
- Event Promoter
- Video Animation and Editing Help
- Video Editor Needed ASAP!
- Marketing or Advertising Rep
- eMarketing Volunteers! Help us...
- Social Media Specialist Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Animator or Animation Artists
- Communications Intern
- Partners Relations Intern
- Fundraiser Intern