The Youth Empowerment Services of Liberia (YesLiberia, Inc) is a non-profit Organization that through service-learning opportunities focuses on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children, while promoting intercultural understanding to foster global citizenship and improve communities in Liberia and abroad. To date, we’ve given over 350 scholarships in Africa, partnered with 9 schools in Africa, worked with approximately 90 volunteers, and provided school supplies for over 3000 kids, sent 4000 text books and reading books to Africa, hired 4 interns in the USA with course credits benefits towards their graduations, and collaborated with student organizations at 8 universities across the USA. Simply put, if you’re a student with leadership skills, we are the place to build your resume with real-world experience.
YesLiberia, Inc. is seeking...
Position: Fundraiser Intern
Location: Virtual- work from where ever you are, on your own schedule
Description: YesLiberia is looking for a resourceful candidate with the passion and desire to make a difference in the lives of others. Intern must work on creative fundraiser ideas to increase support for projects, increase public awareness, and YesLiberia’s ultimate short and long term goals.
- Cultivate strategic ways of using YesLiberia’s website tools to fund campaign projects
- Develop ideas for raising funds to support projects and programs
- Discover and apply different channels of generating funds
- Assist with organizing public fundraising events
- Write project proposals and apply for funds
- Research and solicit funding partnerships through various avenues
- Develop project proposals, coordinate with donors, and assist with useful funding materials for fundraisers
- Assist with extensive research for donors, supports and grant writing
- Strong writing skills and Proof-reading of fundraising documents
- Know the ins and out of YesLiberia’s website and market the tools
- At least a college sophomore or graduate
- Some experience in fundraising or event organizing
- Great passion for YesLiberia’s initiative and personal independence
- Capacity to proactively handle fundraising tasks
- Goal-oriented and good at setting priorities
- Well competent with computer technology
- Ability to work well within a given time frame
Start Date/Duration:3-6 months (or voluntarily more)
Compensation:This is an Un-paid Internship (with possible credits hours toward graduation for students)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-8 per week
- Advertising Representative
- Video Editing or Whiteboard...
- Please Help Campaign and Raise...
- Talented Fundraising Volunteer...
- Program Marketing Specialist
- Student Groups Representative
- Campaign, (easy! from home, and...
- Event Planner or Promoter
- Event Promoter
- Video Animation and Editing Help
- Video Editor Needed ASAP!
- Marketing or Advertising Rep
- eMarketing Volunteers! Help us...
- Social Media Specialist Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Animator or Animation Artists
- Communications Intern
- Partners Relations Intern
- Fundraiser Intern