The Youth Empowerment Services of Liberia (YesLiberia, Inc) is a non-profit Organization that through service-learning opportunities focuses on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children, while promoting intercultural understanding to foster global citizenship and improve communities in Liberia and abroad. To date, we’ve given over 350 scholarships in Africa, partnered with 9 schools in Africa, worked with approximately 90 volunteers, and provided school supplies for over 3000 kids, sent 4000 text books and reading books to Africa, hired 4 interns in the USA with course credits benefits towards their graduations, and collaborated with student organizations at 8 universities across the USA. Simply put, if you’re a student with leadership skills, we are the place to build your resume with real-world experience. If you’re a working professional or a retiree, we expect to implement your experience.
YesLiberia, Inc. is Seeking...
Position: Social Media Specialist Intern
YesLiberia is looking to bring on broad a vibrant, unique, social media-savvy individual to manage all of our social media outlets. This individual must be knowledgeable in the management of social media, hard-working, enthusiastic, creative and have a passion for the non-profit industry.
Location: Virtual- work from where ever you are, on your own schedule
- Research new Social Media marketing trends
- Understand the workings of social media campaigns
- Track Social Media marketing progress
- Help develop content for YesLiberia’s social sites
- Implement non-profit social media strategies
- Formulate ideas and inspiration for social marketing tactics
- Update and maintain website pages, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Develop creative advertising techniques
- At Least a college Sophomore or Graduate
- Preferably completed coursework in Communications/English, Public Relations, and Marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets is a MUST
- Imagination and creativity to produce productive results
- Informative and open-minded
Start Date/Duration: 3-6 months (or voluntarily more)
Compensation: This is an Un-paid Internship (with possible credits hours toward graduation for students)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-8 per week
- Advertising Representative
- Video Editing or Whiteboard...
- Please Help Campaign and Raise...
- Talented Fundraising Volunteer...
- Program Marketing Specialist
- Student Groups Representative
- Campaign, (easy! from home, and...
- Event Planner or Promoter
- Event Promoter
- Video Animation and Editing Help
- Video Editor Needed ASAP!
- Marketing or Advertising Rep
- eMarketing Volunteers! Help us...
- Social Media Specialist Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Animator or Animation Artists
- Communications Intern
- Partners Relations Intern
- Fundraiser Intern