Share your compassionate heart! Visit hospice patients.
New Century Hospice
Volunteers are needed to provide compassionate service to hospice patients and their families. Patients may reside in their private homes, assisted living communities or skilled nursing facilities. Our main offices are located in Castle Rock and Colorado Springs and we have added a new location in Glendale and Pueblo. Volunteering is a great way to learn more about the field of hospice care and is an important addition to any resume. We provide orientation and on-going training and will make initial patient visits together. Some activities you might share with a patient could include, playing cards, reading, music or simply holding a hand. Aroma Touch with essentials oils has been added to the many things our volunteers can offer to our patients. Volunteers can also provide needed respite for the family and caregivers, Please contact us if you would like to learn more!
About New Century Hospice
412 Jerry St., Castle Rock, CO 80104, US
Embracing Excellence In All We Do Providing end of life care that encompasses the physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs of our patients and families. We resolve to be the hospice provider of choice for our patients, families, employees, investors and for our community.
Hospice is a concept of care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to curative treatments. It's goal is to provide quality time through the last days of a patients life, while offering comfort and dignity.
A few key points related to hospice:
- Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death
- Hospice affirms life and regards dying as a normal process
- Hospice provides an interdisciplinary team approach
- Hospice focuses on quality of life
- Hospice promotes honest communication
- Hospice deals with the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of care
- Hospice is very family oriented.. It is in fact, the only health care provider that can be cited for not taking care of the family as well as the patient.
- Hospice offers a variety of bereavement and counseling services both prior to, and after the patients death.
- Hospice provides all aspects of palliative care