SCOPE OF LOGISTICS INTERN WORK: The Logistics interns will work closely with the Logistic Specialist to coordinate transportation and interpreters to assist newly arrived refugee families to attend core services and other appointments such as doctor visits and social services. The Logistics Intern will also report to the Finance Manager in assisting with organizing data pertaining to resettlement purchases and expenditures.
RESPONSIBILITIES:· Assisting Logistics staff to prepare for incoming arrivals which may include apartment set up · Supporting representatives from various social services agencies to process clients DFCS office/SS office · Coordinating transportation and interpreters with Logistics Specialist to assist newly arrived refugee families to attend core services and medical appointments
- Providing general administrative support to Logistics Specialist
- Evaluating purchasing and logistical procedures
- Financial accounting
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Bi-lingual in a relevant language is a plus
- Clean driving record required
- Occasional heavy lifting may be requested
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
- Excellent communication and organization skills with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting
- Computer literacy, preferably with PC systems
- A car and valid driver’s license
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Immigration Administration Intern
- Immigration Caseworker Assistant...
- New Roots Intern
- Computer Literacy Volunteer
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- Public Relations Intern
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Childcare Volunteer Position
- Volunteer Coordination Intern
- Career Development Intern
- Fundraising Intern
- First Things First Volunteer
- Reproductive Health Intern...
- Vocational ESOL
- Job Placement Americorps
- English as a Second Language...
- Donations Intern
- Logistics Intern