BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 800 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 1,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT INTERN WORK: The Employment Services intern works with IRC Employment Specialists to find employment for every eligible adult client. Stable employment is a vital step in the resettlement process.
- Create resumes by working one-on-one with clients
- Assist clients in filling out online and paper applications
- Research potential employers and job possibilities for IRC clients
- Prepare clients for job interviews
- Take clients for job interviews and employment orientations
- Provide MARTA orientation for clients
- Provide general administrative support
- Strong interest in working with international clients
- Proficiency with resume writing and employment related activities
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and internet research
- Enthusiasm for helping people to learn and demonstrated professionalism
- Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours a week for at least three months
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 MONTHS
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Immigration Administration Intern
- Immigration Caseworker Assistant...
- New Roots Intern
- Computer Literacy Volunteer
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- Public Relations Intern
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Childcare Volunteer Position
- Volunteer Coordination Intern
- Career Development Intern
- Fundraising Intern
- First Things First Volunteer
- Reproductive Health Intern...
- Vocational ESOL
- Job Placement Americorps
- English as a Second Language...
- Donations Intern
- Logistics Intern