Social Media Assistant - Volunteer Position
Young Mothers, Inc.
Young Mothers Inc. is looking for individuals who have or are willing to learn, social media experience. Many components must be implemented to successfully run the Young Mothers Inc. social media accounts. Ultimately, we are looking for responsible, organized, and savvy individuals who can:
- Create at least 3 posts per week for M-F (posts can be created in advance of oncoming week if that is your preference)
- Coordinate posts related to topics such as; education, inspiration/motivation, quotes, womanhood, motherhood, etc.
- Promote Young Mothers Inc. programs, services, and partnerships that are on our website at youngmothersinc.com
- Measure the metrics of the posts
- Curate content for Young Mothers Inc. social media accounts
- Attend all events, take current pictures, live stream and provide current hashtags to our guests.
- Post live content regularly throughout the event.
Qualities of a social media assistant include but are not limited to:
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Capable of writing inspirational and personable content in 140 characters or less
- A well-rounded understanding of social media
- Open to receive regular feedback in order to develop high-quality content
Interested parties may also assist in our PR and marketing efforts from time to time. You must be willing to commit at least 10-15 hours a week. This is not a temporary position and you must willing to work with our organization for more than six months.
About Young Mothers, Inc.
P.O Box 30019 SE, Washington, DC 20030, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.