Camp Jamison’s Board of Directors Search
Purpose: The purpose of Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board of Directors is to advise, govern, and oversee execution of Camp Jamison as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission: Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission is to serve as a diverse, inclusive, and affordable summer camp for children in Philadelphia.
Need: The Board is seeking a minimum of 5 new Board Members to join our team! Service on Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.EXPECTATIONS OF ALL BOARD MEMBERS Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission and who has a track record of excellence. Selected Board Members will have achieved success in business, government, philanthropy, education or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members and donors.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission and beneficiaries.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication and a passion for improving the lives of Camp Jamison Corporation’s campers.
- Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board Members will serve a two year term to be eligible for re-appointment.
- All Board Members are required to dedicate a minimum of 10-15 hours monthly to Camp Jamison projects.
- All Board Members are required to be prepared for and attend monthly teleconferences during the months of October - March. Teleconferences may increase to two a month during the months of April - July.
- All Board Members are required to check their Camp Jamison email daily and respond to all email in a timely manner.
- Stay informed about the organization's mission, services, policies and programs
- Inform others about the organization and suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Are able to effectively convey the Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission, values, programs, and services to others
Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board Members will consider Camp Jamison a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Camp Jamison Corporation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Camp Jamison Corporation expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity. All Board Members are required to make a commitment of raising $1,000 for Camp Jamison. This may be done through personal donation and fundraising efforts.POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Public and Community Relations Director
- Responsible for taking control and updating Camp Jamison’s online presence.
- Responsible for getting Camp Jamison’s name out to the public through various avenues.
Special Projects Director
- Responsible for taking on special projects that will assist in the mission of Camp Jamison
- Find and apply for grants
General Board Member
- Makes a serious commitment to participate in fundraising work
- Volunteers and willingly accepts assignments
- Youth Services
- Donor Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours monthly