Do you have a background and/or experience in Human Biology?
The Hall of Human Life, a new 10,000-square-foot exhibition set to open in November, aims to revolutionize how people understand their own biology by investigating how humans change over time in our dynamic environments. Visitors will be able to take fifteen unique personal measurements, and their actual data will be central to telling the exhibition's stories. Hall of Human Life volunteers will interpret through demonstrations at the Exploration Hub and around the exhibition, topics that cover Hall of Human Life themes about how humans have changed and are changing in a fluctuating environment.Responsibilities
- Through demonstrations communicate the goals and messages of the Hall of Human Life specifically and the Museum Mission in general.
- Volunteers will attend half hour professional development sessions that occur during the first half hour of each weekly shift to maintain familiarity and learn new interpretations, new exhibits in the Hall of Human Life, new exhibits in the Museum, science teaching methods, and general science topics.
- Exercise good customer service by sharing knowledge of the Museum's offerings, answering questions and striving to ensure that each visitor's experience is enjoyable.
- Welcome visitors and facilitate their use of the exhibits throughout the Hall of Human Life.
- Familiarity with computers and Google Docs along with other technologies used to deliver content
- Interest in human biology, human health issues, and evolution
- Commitment to informal science education
- Excellent communication skills, which includes public speaking
- Initiative, enthusiasm and reliability
- we ask for a 4- 6 month commitment-
We ask for a commitment of four to six months, one 3.5 hour shift per week. Volunteer positions are available seven days a week. Shift choices: morning shift 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or afternoon shift 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.Training
Volunteers will spend their first eight to ten shifts learning 3-4 demonstrations, which include equipment and content. Attendance at the New Volunteer Orientation session is requiredHow To Apply
www.mos.org - Click on About Us - Click on Volunteer Opportunities
Fill out Adult Volunteer Application - Mail it toOffice of Volunteer Services Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114-1099
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment