Urban Gateways is a non-profit organization that works to provide equitable access to the arts through a wide range of high quality arts programming placed in low income schools and communities that bring unique perspectives and skills to the learning process, create collaborative opportunities for schools and all members of the community to effectively work together in furthering arts education for our young people.
We are seeking volunteers to shoot high quality photos of students engaged in our arts residencies in schools throughout the Chicago area. Finished work will be utilized by marketing and development and displayed in collateral, on the web, and in various other media outlets.
This is a great opportunity for someone with interest and experience with photography to build a portfolio, get some experience, or simply give back. By helping to tell the story of Urban Gateways, you will help to ensure the long life of programs that make a lasting impact on the underserved youth in Chicago.
- Must have your own equipment (digital SLR preferred)
- Photography experience
- Experience working with human subjects in a documentary style
- Car required
- Must have the availability to shoot at least 4 times per school semester
- Volunteer will be required to photo document at least 4 specified residencies per school semester
- Shoot and edit photos
- Deliver DVDs of hi and lo resolution photos to Urban Gateways
- May be required to gather student/teaching artist testimonials while on site
* This position receives a small stipend
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and samples of work featuring human subjects to Marketing Associate Anna Joranger, email@example.com.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment