Legal Service Support
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2400 Moorpark Ave., Suite 300San Jose, CA 95128
Asian Women’s Home, the domestic violence and human trafficking program at Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI), is seeking pro bono legal service representation for the survivors.
The greatest need is legal representation during divorce, child custody, restraining order, and immigration hearings. Vietnamese and Mandarin-speaking attorneys are especially needed, but all backgrounds are welcomed.
- Provide one-on-one moral support for survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking.
- Assist client with the legal know-how of the court and legal procedures
- Experience in non-profit legal services
- Commitment to public interest law and the rights of individuals from underserved communities
- Able to work with diverse audiences
Time Commitment: On call as needed.
AACI Asian Women’s Home encourages you, as an integral part of our community to contribute your individual experience. We will work together to support survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking. We accept applications on an on-going basis. For more information, visit dv.aaci.org or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 975-2730 ext. 222.
- Legal (General)
- Immigration Law
- Family Law
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally 4 - 6 hours a week, for at least 6 months
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Training