Life Skills Aide
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1460 Garden of the Gods RdColorado Springs, CO 80907
Possibilities Program: A one-of-a-kind program teaching individuals with developmental and learning challenges core life skills in a unique town square environmen
You have skills, wisdom & experience that can change a life. Make a difference in the lives of those with disabilities and learning challenges by sharing of yourself. Our Possibilities program has many options where you can bring your best to help others. We will tap into your strengths in this innovative project!
- Apartment Specialist- Teach participants to live more independently and actively in the home-including basic cooking, household management and grocery shopping in Possibilities’ fully-functional kitchen.
- Art Specialist - Share your passion for art using a variety of mediums-such as jewelry making, sewing/quilting, leatherwork and scrapbooking.
- Chaperone - Help participants actively engage in the community by accompanying them on tours, special events and other civic-focused activities.
- Classroom Aid and Tutor - Work one-on-one and in small groups using multi-sensory curriculum and activities to reinforce reading, writing and math skills.
- Computer Lab Assistant - Share your computer skills to help participants learn basic computer competencies using interactive and research-based programs.
- Community Center - Facilitate group activities with participants to encourage new interests, build friendships and develop interpersonal skills with peers.
- Credit Union Teller -Help participants discover the magical and practical applications of numbers by creating and managing a personal budget, opening a bank account and using a debit card.
- Fitness Center Specialist - Lead fitness classes in exercise, yoga, dance, music and martial arts. Assist participants with the utilization of adaptive gym equipment. Help educate participants about the benefits of healthy eating.
- Gardener - Show off your "green thumb" by helping participants plant, care for and harvest vegetables and flowers in our beautiful, walk-out garden.
- General Store - Help participants become smart consumers-including making change, money counting, budgeting and purchasing goods on a cashless system.
- Literacy / Reading
- Music Arts
- Reading / Writing
- Special Needs
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours per/wk for 4 - 6 month period