The Senior Enrichment Program is designed to help students synthesize what they have learned during the first two years in Minds Matter. As in previous years, students have the opportunity to strengthen skills in math, writing, and critical thinking. However, in Senior Enrichment the focus is on preparing Minds Matter mentees for success in college. This means we help students with skills gaps in math and writing, as well as work with them to build strong public speaking and critical reasoning skills. Senior Enrichment activities change over the course of the year after students complete the college application process.
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week from Semptember through May, including 3 Saturday sessions per month from approximately 10:00am-12:00pm.
More detail: Each mentee is paired with one mentor for each subject area.
September 2016-December 2016
- Test Prep 3x per month
- Math and Writing / Critical Reasoning instructions 1x per month
- Math instructions 2x per month
- Writing / Critical Reasoning instructions 2x per month
- Capstone project (integrated experience, knowledge, skills & abilities developed in Minds Matter)
Apply here: http://www.mindsmatterseattle.org/volunteers/apply-now/
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hrs/wk incl. 2-hr Sat. sessions 3x/mo. Oct-May
- Must be college graduate