Volunteer to Play!
24 people are interested
Become a Playologist and help spark children's learning through play at Minnesota Children's Museum!
Playologists focus on open-ended, interactive, child-directed play that encourages visitors to explore and discover. You will be immersed in our 11 different galleries and you’ll use the props and exhibit components to invite visitors to play. You have the freedom to explore and choose the components you want to play with. What this role involves:
- Actively invite both adults and children to play, or join in their play
- Welcome visitors with warmth and friendliness and provide exceptional customer service
- Help make sure our props and supplies are ready for everyone to play by assisting with supply prep, monitoring usage, and tidying props in exhibits
- Encourage visitors to follow Museum policies and procedures
- Provide extra support in high-traffic areas of the museum, helping to manage capacity
- Greet visitors in the lobby and assist with checking in members
- As needed, assist special artists and performers in educational activities
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with young children and their adult caregivers, and who are interested in assisting with fun educational activities. This role is best for people who like variety, enjoy playing, have a willingness to be silly and creative, and enjoy interacting with people from a variety of ages and backgrounds.
The commitment of a Playologist is 2 shifts per month for a minimum of 4 months. Whenever we're open, we need Playologists to play and help our visitors learn, so we are very flexible with your busy schedule - you get to choose your shift times!
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Please contact Kathryn Wegler, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or (651) 225-6046.
To apply: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2001712070&OR=1
We'll work with your schedule.
10 West 7th StreetSaint Paul, MN 55102
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts per month for a minimum of 4 months