Become a Playologist and help spark children's learning through play at Minnesota Children's Museum!
Playologists engage children and adults in our exhibits and other various activities throughout the Museum by doing Free Play, welcoming visitors with toys and props in the lobby, facilitating the Spark Cart (watch and talk with kids painting their own faces) as well as Big Fun (a move and groove activity that focuses on gross and fine motor skills) and much more. Shifts are typically 3 hours in length.
The commitment of a Playologist is 2 shifts per month for a minimum of 4 months. Whenever we're open, we need Playologists to play and help our visitors learn, so we are very flexible with your busy schedule - you get to choose your shift times!
Why play? Play is more than "just fun." It’s how we learn and practice the key skills we need to be successful people. For children and adults alike, play develops critical thinking, communication, creativity, coordination and more. Research shows children need diversity of playmates that challenge their understanding.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Please contact the Volunteer Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 225-6046.
To apply: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2001712070&OR=1
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts per month for a minimum of 4 months
- Museum Experience Intern
- Block Party Volunteer
- One Time Gallery Prep Volunteer
- Exhibit Documentation Intern
- Recruitment & Onboarding Intern
- Integrated Marketing...
- Third Free Sunday Volunteer
- Museum Experience Coordinator...
- Studio Assistant - Creative...
- Join the Play Team! Summer Teen...
- Group Assistant
- Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Digital Media Intern
- Youth Development Intern
- Integrated Communications Intern
- Helping Hand Volunteer
- Studio Intern
- Membership & Sales Intern
- Integrated Marketing Intern